Sunday 5 February 2012

Pavillion Revamped!

After thinking about it for a long while, I finally retrieved the Garden Pavillion from the depth of my wardrobe!  I had done it before, but never really liked it, and I broke the doors and windows (doh!) while putting it together, my excuse is it was my first ever build, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!  Well after hacking out the windows and doors, I then discovered I couldn't find any replacement ones the right size, contacted dhe and they didn't have any either!  So Plan B was to take them all apart, glue the broken bits back to together and paint them again, so I've done that apart from the french doors, so the windows are, shall we say "modified" and painted, and the side door's been glued back together and painted.  Still got the front doors which at a pinch I may be able to glue and paint, but have ordred a large georgian style window which should, and I say "should" with fingers crossed fit, which I'll modify a bit so it doesn't look georgian, well that's the theory, will have to wait till it arrives though.  I think I will make it a "Room to Let", it's a reasonable size so should be able to fit everything in and it will have a bright seasidey theme hopefully, with bed, living space and kitchenette and hopefully a loo and sink, will have to see how much room I have really!



My other project this weekend is making a mini patchwork, didn't take me as long as the others did so that was a good thing, but definitely going to invest in a rotary cutter for the material, much quicker than marking it out and cutting it, never used one before so hoping that's the case anyway!   I've not finished it off yet, need to find some fabric to back it with, but I've enjoyed it so far, you'll have to excuse the pics as it's still got the papers and tacking thread in, which I shall remove tonight and press it, then just the backing to do, although have to say that's the bit I like least both in miniature and full size!

I shall try and borrow a sewing machine to at least do my full size one, but the mini one I shall do by hand.




3 comments:

  1. Well done for salvaging the windows and door. It must be very satisfying to see it coming together.

    You've made me want to go and dig out my abandoned quilt now, lol. I've just ordered a 15" square ruler so that I can make a start on the quilt top ...should really be mini-ing but hey ho :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the patchwork its so pretty and something I really fancy having a go at I have printed off some hexagons and might just have a go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is lovely and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the garden pavillion as I have that as well and would like to change it too ;).

    ReplyDelete